We have Tim Smith as our guest today on the Studio Success Formula Podcast. He has been living musical theatre and singing for his entire life. He’s currently the Associate Musical Director on The Lion King and has worked on over 30 musicals including Mamma Mia, Billy Elliot and Legally Blonde. He’s an expert when it comes to singing. He’s the Artistic Director of Vocal Alchemy and his vocal workshops have been conducted throughout the globe. Today he’s going to be sharing with us his many tips and strategies for creating a studio with strong musical theatre and singing streams.
Tim and I talked about:
The qualities Tim see time and time again in the students that actually make it and sustain a full time career in the entertainment industry?
- Tenacity is the key
- Continuing to grow, learn, and evolve is crucial
Tips to dance studio owners to ensure their students have the best chance at delivering a great audition?
- Don’t go into auditions with your fingers crossed behind your back hoping you’ll land it
- What we want to do when we walk into an audition to be our best and we want it so rehearsed that when we are in the pressure cooker of the audition we can do it perfectly and even do it backwards
The qualities dance studio owners can look for in a great teacher
- The teacher needs to have had some classical training
How to increase the number of singing/vocal classes
- The key is to have a great teacher (having the appropriate skills and passion) to make the classes irresistible
- Create an environment that makes the students continue to evolve their own self-motivation
The key quality that Tim has that contributed to his success in the entertainment industry
- Fascination with song (studying and mastering his craft)
Tim’s advice for dance studio owners
- Never lose sight of your dreams
- Nothing is impossible. Everything is achievable if you do the work
- We make a mistake of looking at world class people and we always see them in their end result but we never see them at the beginning of that process or as they evolve their process
Special offer from Tim
- One month trial of the Elite Series
- Special Promo Code: Success15
Have a great week everyone!
Enjoy the interview with Tim here.
If you want to receive business and marketing strategies in your inbox each week to help GROW your Dance Studio, click here!
Links and resources in this episode
Social Media: Facebook
SHARE THE LOVE