Effective Date: January 1, 2023
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland, you may be afforded additional rights under these laws. Please visit our EU/UK/Switzerland Supplemental Privacy Notice at [URL] for more information on such rights and how to exercise such rights.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia, you may be afforded additional rights under these state laws. Please visit our U.S. Supplemental Privacy Notice at [URL] for more information on such rights and how to exercise such rights.
Company collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Organization/company name
- Organization/company website
- Account credentials (i.e., username and password)
- Financial information.
Additionally, we may collect any personal information you provide us in communications you send or provide when you interact with any communications tools on the Site.
The information described above is collected and stored electronically when you access/visit the Site, purchase our products, use our products, request a demo of our products or sign up for a free trial, create an account with us, sign up to receive our newsletters and/or marketing communications, sign up for our webinars/events/forums or contact us.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Legal bases for processing
(for European Economic Area users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example we might ask for consent in order to provide you with our services, provide customer support and personalised features); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information:
- Infusionsoft CRM, Google Analytics, Eventbrite.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and, if you are an individual located in the EEA, to third parties that reside outside the EEA.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is subject to GDPR, you acknowledge that there are risks if the third party outside the EEA engages in any act or practice that would contravene the GDPR and where there is no adequacy decision in place with the country outside the EEA or appropriate safeguards in place with the third party.
Information Collected Automatically
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by Company when you use the Site. This information may include:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Type of operating system
- Device type
- Unique device identifier
- Internet service provider
- Language preference
- Access times and dates
- Geographic location
- Referring website addresses
- Browsing history
- Search queries
- Other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information
This information is used by us for our business purposes, including without limitation for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
What types of cookies do we use? Company uses:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for you to browse the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, certain aspects of the Site may not be available to you.
- Preferences Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the Site in the past and allow the Site to remember the choices you have made. These cookies allow us to improve how the Site works for you and tailor the Site to your preferences.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, such as which pages you most often visit on the Site, the time you spend on the Site, which links you click on, and any issues encountered. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Site. All information collected is aggregated and do not identify you.
- Marketing Cookies. These cookies track your online activity to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They also limit how many times you see a certain advertisement. We may share the information collected through these cookies with others, such as advertisers.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
Interest Based Advertising
We may collect information about your online activities on our Site to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. You may see certain ads on other websites because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our advertising partners allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. These partners may track your online activities over time and across websites, including our Site, by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies and web beacons. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks.
Provided that a digital advertising services company participates in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising, you may opt out of ad network interest-based advertising generally through the Network Advertising Initiative website or by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (web-based advertising) or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (for mobile advertising). To learn more, please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance at www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If we use such digital advertising service providers in our marketing efforts, opting-out using those tools does not mean that you will stop receiving ads from us. It means that you still stop receiving ads from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to provide, operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to register your account;
- to determine trends in consumption of our products and determine where our products may be in demand;
- to provide you with information about products and services that we may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
- to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- to provide you with updates about our products and services and with transactional information;
- for customer service and/or support, security (including for authentication purposes), to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for analytics purposes;
- to fulfil your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment;
- to communicate with you, including through any chat function on the Site;
- to comply with applicable laws or respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process;
- to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others;
- as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide analytics on the Site, provide a chat function on the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us, to send out emails on our behalf or process payments.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Company does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
If you have an account with us, you may access or modify some of your information and/or modify your preferences through your account or by contacting us at [email protected]
If you are an Australian resident, you have the rights to request access to and correct your personal information under Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”). You may access or modify your information through your account or by contacting us at [email protected]
If you have reason to believe that we have not complied with our obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected] We will investigate all complaints and respond to you as soon as practicable.
Links to External Websites / Online Services
Company uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Site are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Site. In order to protect us, you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Site, without notice if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of eighteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of eighteen.
Contact Information; Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes