Our guest this week started her dance studio while her friends were still at university and she’s never looked back. She owned and operated her studio which was based in Adelaide, Australia for 18 years before selling it in 2011. Over the past 20 years she has simultaneously owned multiple businesses, and absolutely loves the adrenaline rush of entrepreneurship. Please welcome our guest Samantha Riley.
Today she helps business owners create social media and online marketing campaigns which I know is a popular topic of conversation for Dance Studio Owners across the globe.
In this episode, Samantha and I talked about:
- The hurdles she went through in starting a dance studio at a young age
- How she was able to cope with the challenges and the advantages of starting early
- Tips on how to overcome common fears that dance studio owners are constantly facing
- Learning new software and technology (online marketing)
- Key strategies on how she was able to create a business that survived for 18 years
- Two-fold benefits of spending more time with parents
- Hiring the best teachers
- Tips to dance studio owners who are looking at selling their business in the future
- Making sure that the systems are in place correctly.
- Having an automated email sequence from the time that people arrive on your website
- How can social media help dance studios increase their brand awareness and generate more revenue
- Having your website in your profile description so that if something picks their interest then they can go further and contact you
- Having your existing clients make FB reviews on your page
- Common mistakes studio owners are making when putting together their social media strategy
- People don’t have a strategy around their social media. To sit down and think about the desired outcome, ads/post that needs to run
- People aren’t targeting their FB ads properly
- Tips on making your social media strategy work
- People are there to be entertained so there are three areas that you should think about when you’re posting. Make sure that your posts are:
– inspirational and motivational
Have an awesome rest of the week!
Enjoy the interview with Samantha here.
If you want to receive business and marketing strategies in your inbox each week to help GROW your Dance Studio, click here!
Links and resources in this episode